Monday, January 21, 2008

My Weekend

It’s weird. There are some weekends when I seem to really get nothing accomplished after all is said and done. These are the weekends where I wake up on Saturday and attempt to find something that needs fixed, cleaned, scrubbed, washed .. something. Just so I don’t go to bed, lie there and think to myself that nothing was accomplished. On the other hand, there are weekends like this past one where the day flies by and I lie in bed at night and wonder if I even ate lunch.

Mom and Dad came up, which is always nice. I get along with all of my family, so I never think of it as a hassle or burden or anything. Dish Network came out and hooked up an HD DVR which rules the world with truth and grace...oh wait. No, that’s God. But it still rules regardless. So now I can finally watch 17 straight hours of Law & Order in HD if I so choose – but I’d rather not. I think after the 4th straight hour I’d get sick of that "blunk blunk" sound when they transition between scenes. I seriously think that I need that sound though in real life:

I go out to my car after work, sit down and hear "blunk blunk". Then somewhere a black title card with white letters appears:


         Jonathan’s Car
Monday, January 21, 2008


But wow...I digress. Saturday night the company I work for had their annual party. Or as they called it the "Holiday Celebration Dinner". As to exactly which holiday we were celebrating on January 19, I'm not sure. I guess they were trying to give more respect to MLK Day than in previous years. It couldn’t have been Christmas – that was a month ago. For the past 3 years I’ve played in the company band which is always fun. Hopefully I can post some pics. There’s usually a youtube video that surfaces too. Nothing like rockin the trumpet with a little guitar behind you.

I have some other stuff, but I’ll save it for a later post. Hope you weekend went well.

2 comments:

Christy said...

you do lead an exciting life--- almost as exciting as ryan and I -- thanks for sharing-- I second the blunk blunk noise- I think that would get old.

Anonymous said...

keep writing. just because we're not posting, doesn't mean we're not reading