Sunday, January 27, 2008

The Message & a massage

So why is it that at church the one couple who give each other mini back massages during the entire service insist on sitting in one of the first 3 three pews for everyone to see? Just wondering. I mean, don't get me wrong - it's awesome that they're there for worship. I just had an inclination this morning to get some hot stones and setup a masseuse table by the alter rail, maybe have the praise band play a little Yanni or Enya (their pick). And how stressed is this couple that they need to rub each other's back for an hour and a half? I'm all for relaxation, especially when it might include a massage, it's just a little distracting during the *entire* worship, that's all I'm saying. Maybe this little pet peeve is just the singleness in me coming out :)

I was starting to get a little worried that there weren't any comments (not that I'm egotistical or anything). But then I notice that I turned on comment moderation. Oops.

Hope you had a great weekend!

5 comments:

Ryan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ryan said...

I personally really, really like the rabid dancing fools at my church. I can't decide if I like the guy who bounces around a few rows in front of us, or the hippy chick to sings on one of the praise teams.

Jonathan said...

The dancing man is quite enjoyable. That's really why I always want to go to MARS when I visit G.R. :)

I envy those dancing abilities.

So are you and Christy a Worship Service Massage Couple?

Ryan said...

Hmm. Massage. No, we're not a massage couple. We're huggers.

Anonymous said...

I think every church probably has a massaging couple. Each of the churches I've attended in my various towns over the last several years all had at least one couple, sometimes more.