Monday, March 17, 2008

Comedians

Hope you all had a great weekend. Friday night I went to one of the local churches here for Comedy For A Cause, a benefit that helped to raise interest and funding for an area home for abused and neglected children. About 5 minutes before the show started they announced that they had to open up some overflow rooms because the 2500 seat church could hold the crowd. The 3 hour show(!) featured 2 clean comedians. The opening act, as usual, was decent. But Tim Hawkins, the headliner, was great. I really like a comedian who can be funny and raise a valid point at the same time, without being overly offensive (e.g. Seinfeld). I encourage any of you who love stand-up to check him out the next time he's in your area (Tim Hawkins, that is...not Seinfeld. But if you can get tickets to Seinfeld by all means do that too [tangent anyone?]). If there is such a thing as edgy clean/Christian comedy, Hawkins be one of the best. Check out the clip below. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

man we would have loved to have gone to that!! Glad it was good!
ck

Jonathan said...

Ha. Yeah. Actually, I thought of you guys during the show. It was definetly something you and Ry would have loved. I'm sure he'll be in GR sometime soon. He did a lot of song parodies too: "I Want It That Way"/"Cause I Work at Subway", Green Day's "I hope you had the time of your life"/"These are the things you don't say to your wife".

Great stuff.