Thursday, June 19, 2008

Pics

So by popular demand ... OK, maybe just by demand ... I wanted to post some pics from the rafting trip. I was holding out cause I was hoping that I'd get a couple more pics of, you know, rafting 'n stuff. But just in case I need to prove to you all that I do get off my xbox, get outside raft and climb stuff, here's some pics.

This is me trying to look cool wearing a gigantic lifejacket, a crevice-invading wetsuit and a plastic hat:



And by the 2nd rapid we were pretty comfortable.



OK, so maybe I lied a little bit on that last picture.

So the next morning go up and walked for about a mile and a half through some wooded area not knowing where we were really going or what we were expecting to see, then suddenly the trees opened up and we found ourselves here:








So I'm not really the most photogenic person after rafting 13 miles, then hiking for 2 miles. But this is the best I could do. Oh, and in the background is the Lower New River where we rafted.

Excellent trip.


4 comments:

Tyler said...

wow

some of that is really breathtaking scenery.

And i don't mean just you.

Jonathan said...

Yeah, it definitely was. Part of the amazement was how unexpected it was.

I'd driven on highways through those hills before, but to see them at a totally different perspective was astounding.

And you're right, I do lend to the breathtaking aspect of the photos. Thanks for giving me my due respect :)

Anonymous said...

Next time go basejumping off the New River Bridge. http://www.officialbridgeday.com/adventures.html

Crazy mofos.

Christy said...

awesome j-- love the view. Glad it was a great trip-- sorry we will miss you this weekend-- have fun!